Sunday, September 21, 2008

Jess and Torsten

The blogging world is an interesting community. You "meet" people and become familiar with them through their daily musings. I found Jess through blog-hopping (Stacey to Emily to Kali to Jenn to Nilsa to Jess if you're interested!).

Jess and Torsten's engagement photo


Jess is getting married in a few short weeks, and some lovely blog friends of hers decided to throw her a surprise virtual bridal shower - since she didn't have a real one (good call Jess, I like you even more!). I thought this was a GREAT idea (so 2008) and jumped at the chance to participate since I love Jess's daily thoughtful, smart, and sincere daily blog posts. Part 1 was sending in some of our favorite recipes (I sent in my oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and Bryan's low-carb tilapia if you're wondering). Part 2 was sending the recipes in a card to her real-life friend who is presenting them as a surprise with a beautiful recipe box and the cards at a lovely dinner (tonight!). Part 3 is to leave them some well-wishes on our blog for them to read when they get home from said dinner. So here goes (in purple, her favorite color):

Jess,

As a newlywed myself, let me tell you that marriage is wonderful. I love reading about the fantastic relationship you have found with Torsten. You seem to have all of the important parts covered - great communication, time for fun, a companion to work through hard issues, and an openness with each other that is vital for success. You clearly know that the important part isn't the wedding, it's the lifetime you have ahead of you. You are setting the stage for an amazing future, while having fun in the process (purple shoes! purple earrings! what fun!). I wish the two of you the happiest future, and I couldn't be more excited about your upcoming wedding! I eagerly await the pictures of you all beautifully adorned in your wedding gown, committing your life to your best friend. In a few weeks I'll welcome you to the married club. It's certainly a great club to belong to :)

Tia

1 comment:

Jess said...

You are so sweet! This post is adorable and you are too cute to have written your toast in purple. Thank you!